Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Colossal Set of Resources on All Saints Day


One of my most favorite Liturgical Celebrations (besides the obvious two big one: Christmas and Easter) has got to be All Saints Day!  I am enamored by the whole concept of the Communion of Saints.  Like I said in a post about Saints: Who needs Super Heroes when, as a Catholic, you have them, I love being able to ask those who are already in Heaven to pray for me and my little family!  :)  Here are some interesting facts about this beautiful celebration:

Liturgical Facts on All Saints:
Here are some facts about All Saints that I found on Churchyear.net:
Liturgical Color(s): White
Type of Holiday: SolemnityHoly Day of Obligation (West); Feast (East)
Time of Year: November 1 (in the East, the Sunday after Pentecost)
Duration: One Day
Celebrates/Symbolizes: All Saints, known and unknown
Alternate Names: All Hallows, Hallowmas, Halloween
Scriptural References: Mark 12:26-27; Ephesians 6:18; Hebrews 12:1, Revelation 5:8

Catholic Encyclopedia:  

Awesome Ideas Around the Web 
for All Saints/All Souls Day

Costumes:

Games:

Arts & Crafts:

Educational:

General Posts on All Saints:

Prayers:













Recipes:

En Españ
ol (All Saints/Souls Ideas in Spanish):
NOTA: Si tiene un blog con ideas en Español, favor de dejarme un "link" para agregarlo a esta lista, gracias!

Enjoy!


I am participating in the following All Saints Link Ups:










Catholic Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment