These are just a few of the benefits of holding regular Family Meetings (source: Family Meetings Website):
- Promotes leadership
- Establishes a solid family foundation
- Stresses accountability
- Builds confidence
- Promotes goal setting
- Improves self-discipline and cooperation
- Teaches problem-solving skills
- Teaches time and money management
- Strengthens family communication
- Resolves family conflicts
Here are some things that came out from our family meeting:
- Going forward, we will be having weekly family meetings to discuss how our week has been.
- Children had to make confessions of the areas where they have been slacking and what they are prepared to do to fix things.
- New outlines were set and promises made.
- A consequence chart was revisited and adapted.
- There will be no yelling of any kind going on...(no need for it now that new punishments were instituted).
Isn't homeschooling lovely? Do you have family meetings too? What are some things that you do to handle a situation in your homeschool when things aren't working out?
Have a blessed week,