Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goodbye Old Navy!

My stomach turns when I read this stuff...as a former teacher, I cannot imagine the idea that this is what is being feed to our youth!

First, I found this blog post: Old Navy Debuts Gay Pride T-Shirts For It Gets Better.  The author of that blog is all giddy about this idea.  Promoting Gay Pride.  Then, I clicked on the links out of curiosity, and found that Old Navy will donate 10% of the proceeds to the It Gets Better Project

The It Gets Better Project is benefiting two organizations:
1. The Trevor Project
2. GLSEN: Gay, Lesbian, & Straight Education Network

The Trevor Project's National Corporate Partners are: Google, C2B (same company as Crate &; Barrel, The Land of Nod), and Levi Strauss & Co.

GLSEN's National Corporate Partners are: CitiFinancial, Cisco, AT&T, UBS Bank, Merck, HP, Barclays Capital, American Express, Disney/ABC Television Group, Wells Fargo, IBM, & KPMG

While all this may not be shocking news it just amazes me how this agenda is being force fed to our children (look arond on both these sites they have books, pamphletes and book marks that are being given away across the country in the public schools).

I am not a gay hater, I know two that I love dearly.  But I am NOT going to accept that lifestyle.  As a great priest I know says, "sorry but the parts don't fit!" I have TWO gay cousins, one male one female, and I love them but they KNOW I don't like nor approve of their lifestyle. I don't bully them nor treat them bad but I also don't select them as godparents to my children NOR do I allow them to bad mouth my faith (which I've had problems in the past with my male cousin)! I just can't imagine why this is allowed in the schools????

What I don't understand about most of these corporate sponsors is that they won't support religious organizations but it's okay to support sexual orientation organizations?  Someone help me understand this please. 

I leave you with just one last thought, thank God for the freedom to homeschool and for private schools!

Praying hard for the non-closing of Catholic schools and the continued freedom to home educate.
Blessings,
Mama Erika




Raising & Teaching Little Saints 
”Follow  ”Follow   ”Subscribe
 Raising (& Teaching) Little Saints Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment