Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mass Control

http://www.catholicsupply.com/BOOKS/87266.jpg
I found this article on Catholic Exchange and found it very insightful. Something we struggle with constantly with our four blessings, particularly number two and three who are four and three years old right now...this mother of seven shares her ideas on Mass Control.

Here's an excerpt:

As the parents of seven children, my husband and I have worked hard over the years at keeping our little ones under control during Sunday Mass. We have experimented with various ideas as well as asking our friends and family for advice.

Everyone has their own thoughts about how to handle children at Mass. Some families choose to leave little ones at home, while the adults attend separately. This works well for the families I know, as it gives Mom and Dad the opportunity to spend some quiet time with Our Lord and allows them to get the most out of the Mass. Once their young children are mature enough to behave in church without a lot of intervention, they bring them along.

We have a different philosophy at our house. We prefer to attend Mass as a family. I want my children to feel at home going to church from the earliest age. It’s been a long time since I could really concentrate on the beauty of the Mass, but I am confident the Lord understands my dilemma. For those of you who share this philosophy, I present the following top-ten list on keeping the peace during Mass.


To see this list, go to Mass Control


No comments:

Post a Comment